Monday, May 18, 2009

Phone call and random











Well last night was so exciting Hailey and I got our first phone call of the deployment! It was such a shock and a surprise. So we got to talk to him for about 2 hours it was nice.

Hailey and I went and had afternoon tea on Saturday it was so much fun as usual. I go some cute pictures of this child.

With all the rainy weather I was able to get alot of scrapbook LO's done this weekend
So one of my goals while Steve is gone is to train and run a half~marathon! Not only will it help me lose some weight but this is something that I have always wanted to do. My father runs 1/2 and full marathons all the time. He has been trying for the past few years to get me to do one. Wish me luck on this because really and truly I am NOT a runner by nature.
Hugs
Vickie

2 comments:

  1. I just got goose bumps when I read your post. VERY cool, Vickie! I, for one, will be cheering you on from afar! :-)

    Training will be an experience you NEVER forget & the day of the race will make you realize why you put forth all the effort. The day of my 1st 1/2 marathon was in my top 2 experiences of my whole life, right behind giving birth.

    YAY, YAY, YAY!!!!!

    Do you have a race picked out? I'm sure your dad has a training schedule to give you, but if you need one I can forward!

    GOOD LUCK & I'll be cheering you on! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck to you with your training. That is awesome. And so happy you got your first phone call. I am sure it was wonderul.

    ReplyDelete