One of the things Hailey has this year in 1st grade is P.E. so she had to get some real gym shoes. Well of course they are tie shoes and she is use to velcro ones. Well I really wanted her daddy to teach her but I thought she needs to really learn to do this before school starts in a week and a half that way she wouldn't have to ask for help everyday from the teacher. Well we sat down and I showed her how to do it on one of my shoes and then she tried no go. Well I showed again what she did wrong and then showed her the right way still a no go. Then I showed it to her one more time then she took the "reins" and lo and behold she loop, swooped and pulled and PRESTO did it! Needless to say there were tears in my eyes because I couldn't believe she had did after only 3 tries. I was so proud of her and she even got to do it on the Webcam to show her daddy(psst even daddy had tears on the cam)! So she has been practicing everyday on everything that ties. It cracks me up but now I can send her off to school knowing she will be ok ;)! Its so sad that she is really just growing up right before my eyes...
Hugs
Vickie
So sweet!!! I love life's little moments like this!! Glad you hubby got to see on webcam, that's so special! :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Have a great weekend! :-)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Hailey!!!! I hope you two are having a super weekend!!!
ReplyDelete