Friday, August 7, 2009

The Rocky Mountains











One of the highlights of our visit was to take a ride in the Rocky Mountain National Park! We started out at about 6,000 feet(normal for them) stopped at a spot and had lunch. Before we left we went into the teeny tiny bathroom and the toilet was literally a hole in the floor you could look down and see nothing but ground. UMMM gross Hailey and I are such city girls we just held it!!! Then we made started to make our way up and was able to stop along the way and see gorgeous waterfalls and elk it was quite a sight for these girls.. We finally made it to the top at almost 13,000 feet it was just fabulous and you know what there was still snow up there in the middle of July amazing. It was about 90 degrees down in town and at the top it was 50 degrees what a difference...








Today Hailey and I are off to Great Wolf Lodge and to do some outlet shopping(its tax free this weekend). I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend..








Hugs




Vickie

2 comments:

  1. Those pictures are gorgeous! It sounds like you had an amazing day. I have no idea how you held it in all that way; city girl or not, when I gotta go, a hole in the ground would do! LOL
    Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! Sounds like you had a great trip!

    We are going to do some tax-free school shopping tomorrow, too! :-)

    Have a great weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete