Wow what a week it has been! It has gone by too fast already.. Let me tell you about the day Steve came home it was pouring buckets of rain.. Let me tell you I was not thrilled with the fact I had to do my hair and wear a dress and heels only to get soaked.. But duty calls and well I did those things.. So as we are driving to the pier its still pouring and as we get into the base it starts to slow down a bit. So I get the umbrella and Hailey well we happen to see the Submarine coming into the harbor and getting ready to tie up to the pier. Well to my astonishment it stopped raining completely and the sun came out!!! You are thinking whatever but honestly when the boat came into view it stopped raining and the sun came out.. So of course I really got choked up then. As we were waiting for the guys to come up Hailey was just squealing with so much excitement I couldn't help but have tears in my eyes.. Then we were able to walk onto the pier and as we were walking we saw him coming and Hailey took off running and yelling there is my daddy. I really lost it there thank God for waterproof masacra because I really put it to the test that day! It was an amazing day and we have been trying to enjoy as much family as we can inbetween duty days..
Today we are off to the pumpkin patch for hayrides and of course some pumpkin pickin! Hugs to everyone


I guess I shouldn't have been eating lunch while I was reading your blog, because I started crying! (Bryn just looked at me & asked if she could have some crackers. I guess she's trying to break the mood! LOL!)
ReplyDeleteSooooooo VERY GLAD he's home now! You & Hailey both looked soooo great in your red,white & blue dresses!
Have fun at the pumpkin patch... can't wait to see photos! :-)
Hugs...
Vickie....I am so happy for you. It must feel great for your family to be intact.
ReplyDeleteThe 6 month seperation from your husband has been such an inspritation to me. My husband and I own our own contruction business. In the last year, he has had to accept MANY out of town jobs just to keep working and paying the bills.
We have often had arguments about being out of town so much.
Every time he tells me he is leaving for another job and I think of you. He is always back in 3 or 4 days, but I always think of you and how hard it had to be for you to not see your husband for 6 months. My hat goes off to you my friend!! You are an inspiration and an AWESOME WIFE!!!!!
sent from deana's blog....
ReplyDeleteseriously tho... you are an inspiration. thank you for being an amazing women being an awesome mommy! :)
hugs,
sarah.