Thursday, May 27, 2010

Oh Happy Day

Well Steve comes home today after being gone for sometime now..Although we are so thrilled for him to be coming home, this one will be bittersweet for all of us...This was his last underway and possibly the last time he will be on a Submarine..Since our next adventure will take us to Shore Duty we won't have to encounter these long periods without him, he will be home for dinner everynight, he will be able to go to sleep with me everynight and he will get to see Hailey at all of her school functions..These are things we take so for granted on a daily basis..  Although this is a sad day for him and us it also puts him closer to retiring at his first job!  We have about 3yrs and some months left and he will have served his country faithfully for 20 yrs, its very emotional to think about that. We all say wow the wives and kids are at home waiting on this man to come back home and although that is true. Imagine how much this man has sacrificed to do his job to best of his ablilty without alot of recognition!  I am truly proud of my husband and my daughter for all she is put up with and not seeing daddy well she is 7 and he has been gone more than half her life! 


On the moving note I have been packing things we are taking on out little road trip across the US and cleaning as I go..Boy moving is such a hard job and I am so glad we get help from the Navy and the movers they send to us...What a blessing!

Hugs
Vickie

1 comment:

  1. I cannot even begin to imagine what each of you has gone through, but I am grateful for his service for our country. And I'm SO grateful to have made a friend in you! You're the BEST! :-)

    Hope all goes well with the move and have a HAPPY MEMORIAL WEEKEND!

    Hugs...
    Deana

    ReplyDelete