Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Finally back to scrappin!

Well I finally able to start crafting again..Man when you haven't done it in so long its very hard to get started again.  I am still working on my craft room but I think that is just a work in process because there is so much that can be done with it..I have been on the hunt at Yard Sales and the Goodwill for some good storage things that I can "redo" into some Shabby Chic things.. 

But on to life Hailey starts school in 3 weeks, so I have to get her enrolled on Monday.. This summer went by so fast for her that I know she is not ready to start yet..I have to get some school clothes shopping done!  The weather is so different from what we are use to...I can't buy summer clothes at all I have to just start buying winter things already..The last few days its been in the 50's and 60's which is such a shock to our systems!  We are so use to 100 degrees during this time of the year.  But I am trying not to complain because I know people are really suffering over on the East Coast right now.

On a sad note my mother~in~law was diagnosed with Breast Cancer a month before we left Virginia.. Well she has had her surgery to remove her breast and talk about the reconstruction part of it..She started her Chemotherapy a month ago and has had 2 seesions which have made her very sick and she has already lost all of her hair..  Which of course was a shock to see, but she has been to the Susan G. Komen foundation to get her wig..  But all of this got me to thinking about how I need to be more healthy.  So every year they do a Marathon to raise money so in honor of Marcia; Steve and I have started training to run this thing...I always wanted to do a 1/2 marathon but I guess we are going to bite the bullet and do the big one..  So we are trying to think of a team name for ourselves..  So please wish us luck!



Hailey's class got to have an incubator full of chick eggs..They got to see them hatch which of course thrilled the kids


We celebrated Steve's 40th birthday while visiting his mom in Arkansas..They gave him a gift bag filled with gag gifts like Hemmorrid Cream  and Metamucil!  It was great!


Our best friends helping us celebrate Hailey's birthday at Friendly's!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. Will keep her in my prayers. That's very cool about the marathon! The fact that you're both doing it together will keep you both motivated! The training may not be fun, but the race itself will be one of the BEST moments of your life... I guarantee it!

    Big hugs & best of luck! You know that I, for one, will be cheering you guys on!

    ReplyDelete