Ok so I have to ask where in the world has time gone? June 18th will be a year since we left behind friends and such to transfer to Washington! While living here has been an awesome experience so far and we are really enjoying our time together, because in all honesty this is the first time in 11 years that Steve and I are actually living together. I know we are married and I know that sounds weird, but most of the time he was like a thief in the night just passing through dropping off laundry only to be on his way out to sea again. SO this coming to the Northwest has done wonders for our little family. Hailey gets to see her daddy everyday and he even gets to pick her up from school everyday its wonderful!
This past weekend was Memorial Day and well it is a 3 day weekend for everyone and people grill and enjoy the time with their families. But to me and my family it means more than just a 3 day weekend. Steve has served this country for 17 years and my father served for 30 years and my brother was in the Marines for 8 years. I am so grateful to be in the presence of these very honorable men who sacrifice so much of their lives in order to give us the very freedoms that some take so for granted. I love all 3 of them so very much and I am so proud to be the daughter, sister and wife to these men!!!
I have always loved this song and it always brings tears to my eyes when ever I hear it!
I hope everyone had a safe and blessed Memorial Day. God Bless our Troops and God Bless America!
Vickie
A year! How can it be? Goodness shore duty FLIES by yet somehow sea duty drags on and on. :( Bummer, right? So thrilled that ya'll are enjoying Washington as mush as you are. You all deserve it. And I totally know what you mean about actually "living together"... I tell Justin all the time that I love being a "real couple", we can do things when we want and not have to consult a watch schedule and he's home every night. Ahhh..... bliss.
ReplyDelete